Signs and symptoms
You may have a plumbing leak if:
- You can hear the continuous sound of water (like a toilet running) when nothing is turned on.
- Your water meter reading changes when you aren't using any water.
- Your water bill escalates over a period of weeks or months. (Compare your bills month to month.)
- Your walls or floors have wet, spongy, moist or discolored areas when nothing has been spilled.
- You can see damp areas on the ground or on the walls where your water pipes are located.
- Your building foundation cracks, vegetation grows unevenly, or earth shifts for no apparent reason.